why this, why now?

I've decided to try out a blog because I seem to have ideas and get ideas all the time, with no central and accessible way of documenting these ideas. It could be ideas for my own personal projects, ideas for teaching design, design inspiration, or a place to put up some of my own design/art/creative stuff.

So here we go, lets see how well it suits my intentions....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

design sketching - contours and cool copic markers


http://www.idsketching.com/videos/?id=11631211

I showed this video to my students today - its showing how to sketch using contour lines.  Its pretty cool and the year 11 students (hello if you're reading this) reactions were so great - they were overwhelmed at the skill and impressive drawing technique, and some of them thought they would never be able to draw like that, but, what they didn't realise was how many of them produced the greatest drawings of their own designs in the remaining time of the lesson.  It was a good teacher moment.  A good Graphics teacher geek moment.